Taking New Zealand marine companies Global
Whether it is a New Zealand world renowned quality craftsmanship you’re looking for to build an award winning vessel or trailer boats built in the American Midwest, production powerboats from China, America’s Cup racing yachts or foreign built superyachts, there is every chance they carry New Zealand components from one of our member companies.
New Zealand continues to maintain its place at the forefront of the global superyacht industry. New Zealand superyacht building companies are often recognised as winners and finalists in numerous international awards. NZMEG is an active sector group and includes our most successful and high profile export marine companies. It organises events such as the prestigious Millennium Cup for superyachts and manages the presence of NZ companies at major international boat shows such as Monaco, Fort Lauderdale and METS and other export-related activities.
Our NZ Millennium Cup, easily one of New Zealand’s most exclusive events, is an annual regatta for superyachts now hosted on the picturesque Hauraki Gulf. It profiles our superyacht expertise and involves many of our member companies. Historically this event was held align with the Americas Cup that has been hosted locally and internationally. It is now an annual event on the superyacht circuit and is set to become the premier superyacht regatta of the South Pacific.
Members of NZMEG are individually some of the most creative and dynamic marine industry professionals in the world. If you are thinking of visiting the South Pacific, looking to have your superyacht refitted or wanting to build a new one, the NZ Marine Export group of companies can help you. To find out more about New Zealand Export members please see a directory listing.
With everything that is happening in the world, New Zealand is a unique developed country with the most picturesque landscape, dramatic coastlines, endless leisure activities and passionate boating community, there’s no better time to visit than now. We look forward to welcoming you and sharing the many delights and experiences that New Zealand has to offer. To find out more about New Zealand visit the Destination New Zealand pages on this site.
NZ Marine Export Group assists members in the following ways:
We provide and facilitate many kinds of marketing support, information and organization, helping members to communicate effectively around the world and reach their target markets.
How we assist our members:
- Helping new exporters to learn the ropes and find market opportunities
- Providing logistics organisation and support for members who are displaying at international boat shows
- Providing opportunities for collective show space under the NZ Marine/NZ banner at international trade shows
- ‘Flying the flag’ for New Zealand at major boat shows in Europe, the United States, Asia and Australia, promoting those unable to attend
- Holding international events such as the New Zealand Millennium Cup Superyacht Regatta and symposia such as Yacht Vision
- Helping promote our members internationally through various channels such as the “NZ Marine Excellence Directory”, websites & email newsletters sent out worldwide.
- Providing a single point of contact through which export enquiries can then be redirected to the most appropriate member
- Organising and assisting with international outbound and inbound trade missions
- Providing access to a wealth of industry knowledge through the board of directors, who are committed to assisting the development of offshore markets for all members
- As a sector group of the NZ Marine Industry Association we are also able to provide the Marine Industry House and facilities for member use.
NZ Marine is constantly striving to find better, more effective and new ways to improve its promotion of New Zealand marine exporters internationally.