ENL Group will partner with the NZ Millennium Cup as a Silver Sponsor for the 2020 Regatta in New Zealand’s Bay of Islands – 29 January to 1 February.
Organised by the NZ Marine Export Group and a dedicated committee of some of New Zealand’s most pre-eminent superyacht industry figures, the NZ Millennium Cup is a celebration of good racing, great cruising grounds and exceptional hospitality.
The event will provide an opportunity for ENL Group to talk about its technical superyacht and refit capabilities, well recognised as industry leaders in ship navigation and communications systems as well as demonstrating its globally recognised multibeam sounder – WASSP, to the visiting yachts and crews.
ENL has offices in Auckland and Nelson in New Zealand’s South Island with its technical staff regularly travelling the South Pacific and beyond to support yachts anywhere in the world for WASSP, Furuno and a wide variety of other marine electronic systems. Add to that, its 120sqm showroom in the heart of Auckland’s Westhaven Marina which is supported by the largest pool of specialised marine electronic engineers in the South Pacific.
The NZ Millennium Cup event will also provide ENL with an opportunity to showcase its WASSP Multibeam Sounder system. Becoming the go-to mapping tool for the superyacht industry, WASSP W3 (Wireless) is ideally suited to use when navigating in unknown waters or where marine charts lack sufficient detail, WASSP W3 takes the risk out of the equation for the captains of these large and valuable vessels.
Seafloor profiling from a WASSP W3 system.
Often installed in the tender or support vessel of a superyacht, the W3 uses a wireless link to send a real-time 3D seafloor map back to the superyacht’s bridge system for displaying and navigation – all in real-time.
Thanks to the very wide swath and 224 beams, the seafloor can be mapped quickly and in high resolution. A standard echosounder only measures one point at a time, whereas WASSP Multibeam measures 224 points at a time over a coverage of 120 degrees or width of approx. three times the current depth. www.enl.co.nz
About ENL Group Ltd
Electronic Navigation Ltd (ENL) is New Zealand’s premier marine electronics company. Founded in 1945, ENL is a privately owned company that has earned a solid reputation for excellent service, innovation and supplying quality marine electronic products, with 74 years experience within the marine industry. Through a comprehensive network of technical service dealers and recreational dealers, ENL excels at its traditional activity of providing nationwide distribution of marine electronics. www.enl.co.nz
– WASSP, an acronym for Wide Angle Sonar Seafloor Profiler, is a multibeam sonar system manufactured by ENL Group in New Zealand under ISO9001/2000 certification. Research and development of WASSP commenced in 2000 with the first system being sold in 2004.
– WASSP provides high-resolution 3D bottom profiling, 2D bottom profiling, accurate backscatter, dynamic fish detection in the water column, traditional high-resolution commercial echo sounder offering bottom-lock, triple beam and quint beam which can be licensed to suit the individual customers when using the new WASSP DRX. New licensing arrangements are continuing to be developed or enhanced following the VOC (voice of the customer).
WASSP has three core products, utilising the same core technology, aimed at different markets:
- S3 for the Survey market including dredging, dive site profiling, wreck hunting and many other survey activities.
- F3 for the Fishing industry allows the operator to get great detail on the seabed profile and hardness to ensure they are fishing efficiently and effectively in a sustainable way while avoiding rough areas that can damage expensive equipment.
- W3 allows for wireless connection with the WASSP sounder so a tender can survey for safe navigation in advance of the approaching mother ship. The W3 has proven very popular for mega yachts and military applications.
– In addition to its Head Office in Auckland, New Zealand, WASSP has a sales and marketing office in Maldon, Essex in the UK covering EMEA and Americas, and a worldwide network of accredited distributors and dealers.
– Electronic Navigation Ltd (ENL) owns WASSP Ltd, a well-established 74-year old New Zealand company with its HQ based in Auckland, New Zealand and offices in Nelson and Maldon, Essex, UK. Shareholders in ENL include FURUNO Electric Co. Ltd., Japan and the Hodson family. www.wassp.com